Obama a Citizen? USA National Health Service?
In the USA, some people are saying that as Obama is not a Natural Born Citizen he should not by law be President. His Dad was Kenyan and at the time a British Citizen, so according to the US Constitution does not qualify as Presidential material! There are many websites devoted to this. So here is my response to Vickie on the Activity Pit website (supports the FOXTV 'Redeye' satirical TV programme, was shown on Sky in the UK, but recently taken off the International schedule. Must have upset someone high up at FOX! That website limits you to a few lines and I wanted to dig a little deeper! VegasVickie is on twitter and would also welcome your comments!
Dear Vickie, I had a look at the anti Obama websites and all the pros and cons surrounding Obama and his citizenship. The concept of natural born citizen is an interesting one, that we don't have in the Uk so must have been invented at the time of the US Consitution being enacted. I am a British Citizen by Birth but born in Scotland. My Father English and my Mother a Scot. So technically a Scotsman, although I moved to London at 18 MONTHS old so don't have a Scots accent, unless I've had way too many beers.
1. He communicates and can string more than five words together.
2. Has a very well clued up wife and family.
3. Not afraid to try out new ideas or speak his mind and says to hell with his approval rating! (we like that)
4. Not afraid to present seemingly unpopular policies
5. Seems to be taking vested interests head on
6. Seems willing to put his own position on the line.
it would eventually be fixed. I also get emergency health cover (Form E111 card) throughout Europe by producing my NHS special card. In the USA ?????? Who knows...