NEW: Paris' chief prosecutor gives update on Paris attacks:
• 129 people killed
• 352 people injured; at least 99 seriously
• 7 terrorists killed during criminal actions
* This toll is set to rise ....
* 11:15am LONDON GATWICK AIRPORT NORTH TERMINAL EVACUATED 'SUSPECT PACKAGE'
* 11:00am UPDATE ISIS CLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY
|Current series of attacks are near to the Charlie Hebdo offices , the location of an earlier terrorist outrage.|
Saturday 14th November 2015
09:00 GMT (05:00 EST) Latest:
* More than 128 killed in Gun, Grenade and 7 suicide attacks all over Paris, France.[Reuters]
* A further 129 in a critical condition [Reuters]
* Attacks all co-ordinated and experts say 'with military precision'.
* 7 out of 8 terrorists, wearing explosives belts, blew themselves up.
* 1 killed by security forces.
* Other 'accomplices or a second group' still being hunted.
*CALAIS Jungle Camp set on fire (possible retaliation)[local source].
* Bataclan Theatre 100 hostages dead, some individually shot, others had grenade tossed at them before terrorist blew himself up.
* STADE DE FRANCE two loud explosions heard at 9:30pm (local) Friendly football match between France and Germany taking place.
* ISIS (ISIL) has claimed responsibility.
* UK COBRA MEETING called for Saturday.
* UK PORTS,AIRPORTS,RAILWAY STATIONS Extra Security Measures in place.
* DISNEYLAND PARIS is CLOSED.
* SCHOOLS CLOSED
* MARKETS CLOSED
*1,500 extra troops drafted into Paris.
* Residents advised to 'stay indoors, off streets.'
* Row brewing over 'Gunmen allowed to move around Paris, unchallenged, attacking 'soft' targets for some 2 hours.
* THREE DAYS OF STATE MOURNING DECLARED IN FRANCE
* UK THREAT LEVEL IS CURRENTLY AT 'SEVERE' (SECOND HIGHEST LEVEL)
12 Midnight(UK)(20:00 EST) Latest: TWO TERRORISTS DEAD AS MAJOR HOSTAGE SITUATION ENDED BY FRENCH SECURITY FORCES. 100 FEARED DEAD INSIDE THEATRE.
President Hollande CANCELS G20 meeting.
Friday 13th November 2015: Julian Bray (Aviation Security) writes: A series of major co-ordinated terrorist attacks involving five explosions, shootings and many dead. Over 100 hostages killed by gunmen. Incidents taking place all over Paris, France tonight.
France has now declared a state of emergency and has closed its borders. French military units are being deployed all around Paris, and others moving into the Capital. Paris residents and tourists are being told to leave the streets and 'go inside buildings and off the streets' as military units move in for a military response.
A State of Emergency normally means that Airports, Ports, Railway stations are being shut down and flights cancelled, inbound flights diverted to other countries as French airspace is also closed. Eurostar Services halted. However reports now confirm they have been exempted BUT security measures 'substantially' increased.
Agencies initially reporting 100 hostages taken, French TV now reporting some 100 dead and 5 explosions, one at a bar near the Stade de France Football Stadium where France was playing Germany. One of the explosions officials say was caused by a suicide bomber.
Loud explosions could be heard by the football crowd who then streamed onto the football pitch.
Further gunshots being reported at other locations, and many dead. Bodies are lying in the street. The situation is fluid and at least two gunman armed with explosive have taken 100 hostages in the Bataclan Theatre and is reported to be shooting hostages one by one. Police units are attempting entry.
Reports suggest that some 20 are dead inside the Bataclan Theatre where a rock concert was underway. Attackers spent 10 minutes shooting inside the theatre.
The French President is holding a multi agency meeting at midnight. Other incidents are being reported on social media and all attacks seem to be both planned and highly co-ordinated. A G20 meeting is scheduled for this weekend.
President Francois Hollande said in an address to the Nation "We must face the fear and overcome this outrage these operations are not over, other attacks are taking place. Please trust in our security forces."
Security threat levels in other neighbouring countries are being revised.
JULIAN BRAY +44(0)1733 345581, Aviation Expert, Journalist, Broadcaster, Aviation Security & Airline Operations Expert, Travel / Maritime & Cruise Industry, NUJ, EQUITY, LIVE ISDN LINK, Broadcast ISDN COOBE ++44 (0)1733 345020 (ALL CODECS) e&oe Old faithful NOKIA: 07944 217476 iPhone 0743 530 3145 www.aviationcomment.com
Contrib. Account #104764 53 FEED: http://feeds.feedburner.com/BraysDuckhouseBlog