January Bulletin 1/2018
AAIB Correspondence InvestigationsThese are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- Airbus A319-111 (G-EZAW), aircraft landed heavily, Munich Airport, Germany, 3 July 2017
- Britten-Norman Islander BN2B-26 (VP-FBR), left engine failure, 9 nm south of Mount Pleasant Airport, Falkland Islands, 4 September 2017
- Cessna 152 (G-BKAZ), landing mishap in a crosswind, Perth Aerodrome, Perthshire, 14 September 2017
- Cessna 182T (N60554), loss of control following a hard landing, private airstrip, near Stockbridge, Hampshire, 28 August 2017
- Diamond DA 42 (G-OCCX), gear-up landing, Coventry Airport, 22 August 2017
- Mooney M20J (G-OBAL), propeller ground strike during landing, Elstree Aerodrome, Hertfordshire, 15 September 2017
- Nipper T.66 RA45 Series 3 (G-AVKI), unoccupied aircraft collided with hangar doors, RAF Henlow, Bedfordshire, 17 October 2017
- Piper PA-25-235 (G-BCBJ), propeller ground strike during taxi, Aboyne Airfield, Aberdeenshire, 28 October 2017
- Piper PA-28-140 (G-BCJM), engine malfunctioned and aircraft struck a sheep during forced landing, near Parbold, Lancashire, 28 August 2017
- Piper PA-28RT-201 (N2136E), landing with landing gear unlocked, Sandtoft Airfield, Lincolnshire, 22 July 2017
- Piper PA-32R-301 (G-RIGH), electrical failure and forced landing in a field, Faversham Road, Seasalter, Kent, 28 August 2017
- PA-32R-301T (N414AG), engine failed in heavy rain and aircraft hit trees during forced landing, 5 miles south of Linton-on-Ouse Airfield, 23 August 2017
- Piper PA-34-200T (G-BPXX), overran runway following rejected takeoff, Sherburn-in-Elmet Aerodrome, West Yorkshire, 13 October 2017
- Titan T-51 Mustang (G-DHYS), main landing gear collapse, Gloucestershire Airport, Gloucestershire, 31 May 2017
- Vans RV-6A (G-CCVS), aircraft inverted while landing after nose landing gear collapsed, Old Sarum Airfield, Wiltshire, 15 August 2017
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- 3DR Solo (UAS), struck a crane during autonomous flight mode, Kemsley Mill, Kent, 13 June 2017
- Ikarus C42 (G-FLYM), landed in trees due to deteriorating weather, near Castlewellan, Co Down, 29 May 2017
- Pegasus Quik GT450 (G-CDUU), heavy landing, Orston Airfield, Nottinghamshire, 24 September 2017
- Skyranger 912S(1) (G-ZADA), overran runway while landing, Ince Airfield, Merseyside, 18 June 2017
MiscellaneousThis section contains Addenda, Corrections and a list of the ten most recent Air Accident reports published by the AAIB.
- Correction - Agusta AW139 (G-CIPW), helicopter landed on wrong offshore platform, Viscount Platform, North Sea, 9 June 2017
@JULIANBRAY +44(0)1733 345581, Journalist & Broadcaster, Aviation Security & Airline Operations Analyst/expert, ... http://feeds.feedburner.com/BraysDuckhouseBlogwww.aviationcomment.com, ... http://www.freelancedirectory.org/user.php?user=8121 ... www.freelancedirectory.org?name=Julian.Bray.aviation.comment, ... Aviation / Travel / Maritime & Cruise Industries, NUJ, EQUITY, LIVE ISDN LINK, Broadcast ISDN COOBE ++44 (0)1733 345020 ... SKYPE: JULIAN.BRAY.UK e&oe Old faithful NOKIA: 07944 217476